Chemical Engineering Training
Two Days Course on Product Design
The workshop introduces the chemical product design and the process design issues related to their development. It will highlight the phases in product and process development; the relationships between product attributes, ingredients and product microstructure as well as the view from economical perspective. The latest available methods and tools will be introduced to solve various types of cases associated with product-process design in a systematic manner.
- Describe chemical product design and identify the key issues related to product and process development.
- Define the needs of a chemical product; identify the candidate chemicals and/or mixtures of chemicals and quickly evaluate the important process design issues.
- Apply state-of-the-art methods on product design and development in a systematic manner.
- Design novel and sustainable chemical products and processes and be among the first to commercialise it.
- Product and process design and development: what to make, how to make Classification of products
- Relationship between product attributes, ingredients, and microstructure
- Design problem definition, databases and property models
- Tutorial exercises (gasoline blend, lubricant blend, diesel blend)
- Problem formulation, database, property models
- Exercises with vPPD-Lab
- Economic analysis in product design & development
- Economic measures and pricing model, make-buy analysis
Who Should Attend:
- Chemical Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Process Technologist
- Professor / Lecturer
- Researcher or postgraduate students working in the area of product design & process development.
Energy Manager Certification
Become a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) today. Now available in Johor Bahru, Malaysia