- For the trainees: Energy Manager Certification (CEM), granted by the ASEAN Center for Energy (ACE) upon successful completion of the training.
- For Businesses: Energy Management Gold Standard certification, issued by the ASEAN Center for Energy (ACE), when an enterprise submits an Implementation Plan indicating the energy efficiency improvement, prepared by a certified energy manager.
For the Energy manager trainees:
- Understand the context of energy use in Malaysia and the world as well as local laws and regulations, which help businesses to proactively prepare for the energy management and to comply with the law.
- Ability to establish and implement a sustainable energy management system in the enterprise, in compliance with the ISO 50001 standard, and in preparation for Energy Management Gold Standard certification.
- Improve professional standing with a certificate validated in 10 ASEAN countries.
- Provide employment opportunities through a network of ASEAN Energy Management Scheme in ten ASEAN countries.
- Establish energy management system to use energy in a systematical manner.
- Save energy costs, become economically competitive.
- Minimize energy losses, save money.
- Ease the application of other quality systems like ISO 50001 and TPM.
- Achieve Energy Management Gold Standard certification
- Improve the businesses image as a sustainable and efficient business.
- Increase the competitive position regionally and internationally, with a certification recognized in 10 ASEAN countries.
Value added benefits:
- Support other quality system such as ISO 14001, ISO 50001, Total Quality Management (TPM) etc
- Organization to demonstrate corporate and social responsibility (CSR)
- Upgrade memberships status (MEPA members only)
- CPD hours from IEM (21 + hours)CPD from Suruhanjaya Tenaga
- A pre-requisite to be one of the certified trainers
- HRDF claimable under the SBL Scheme
- Entitled to an exemption of the Sustainable Energy Management Module offered under UTM MSc. Energy Management