Volatile energy prices caused by fluctuating energy demands and supply have made energy efficiency critical in reducing companies’ operating costs, cut down process emissions, improve a company’s bottom line and ultimately ensure sustainability of businesses.
This module provides guidelines for industry to maximize cost savings through improvement of heat recovery, steam generation, distribution and utility system.
The workshop presents systematic technique to maximise a process thermal efficiency through employment of state-of-the-art heat recovery technique based on pinch analysis. It also has the employment of energy-efficient cogeneration as well as tri-generation schemes, and use of practical approaches for energy conservation for steam distribution and utility system.
Click tabs below to learn more info about this course.
- Employ the fundamentals of energy balances to identify energy inputs and outputs for a process
- Identify the maximum potential for thermal energy savings and set the minimum energy targets
- Optimize heat recovery in a process
- Assess the options for installing cogeneration or trigeneration system
- Apply specific energy conservation and optimisation strategies for steam generation and utility system
- A Review on the Energy Balance Fundamentals
- Optimization of Heat Recovery using Pinch Analysis
- Energy Conservation for Steam and Utility System
- Steam Generation (Boiler)
- Benefit from the feedback provided by the simulation studies
- Benefit form the application of the theory through using industrial types
Who Should Attend:
- Energy manager
- Professionals from any discipline
- Facility/maintenance managers or engineers
- Industry personnel who wish to learn more on electrical system
- Malaysian Energy Professional Association (MEPA) members
Online Training Modules
- Start any time: Self-paced
- Gain a Digital Badge for each Micro credential Course completed
- Each Micro credential Course will have videos, guided working sessions and some activities/quiz to be completed.
- Collect all Digital Badges for the set of Micro credential Courses + Assessment Module to Earn the Professional Course Certificate